Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just putting it out there

I spent this past Christmas in my hometown and I got to spend some long awaited time with my oldest son. We hadn't seen each other in over two years and had not even spoken on the phone for about a year and a half. We have struggled with our relationship for many years now, but this was definately the longest period of estrangement. I believe there is a lot of power in the spoken word and so I am just gonna put it out there that from here on out I hope we can build a loving strong bond that blanks out all the bad stuff we have gone through - together and apart. Cause in the end it's your family that matters most. My son is a great looking, enigmatic person and I love him very much and hope that someday he can begin to really believe that.

Reconcilation is sometimes a difficult thing, but it's so worth it. Moms - call your kids. Kids - call your mom. You're never too old or too far gone to start anew.

I love you Chris.

0 comments: