Saturday, January 31, 2009

What happened to January?

In a flash it was just well, gone! What did I do? Where was I? I have nothing to show for it. I don’t even have much of a recollection of it. I mean 31 days and I can really only account for the Sundays. I know where I was and what I was doing on those days at least. But that is only 4 days, what happened to the others?

One of those 4 days had an impact on me. My minister said something very profound that really grabbed me on one of those Sundays. He spoke about the 3 B’s of Christianity. Believing, belonging and becoming. I like it. It reached me. I believe in Christ, I belong to Christ, but then the “R” word – the responsibility of the relationship – the final B is becoming Christ-like. That’s a tough one. He said we are all in those B’s somewhere but we shouldn’t get stuck in the first one. It’s been a long time since I have worried about grades and letters, but I am so glad I got those 3 B’s.

But honestly I get an “F” for January. I know I was dealing with the whole furniture and redecoration issue, and I know that Mike and I became ‘24’ addicts by starting at season 1 and watching all the way through to season 5. I cooked, I cleaned, I poked around the internet but January just disappeared right out from under me. How often does that happen? Is it a sign of age? Is it even a valid question? Is anyone else wondering what happened to January?

0 comments: