Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fireproof

I just watched Fireproof the movie this evening. I figured since I wrote about the Shack, this movie deserves attention too. It took me a few minutes to get past the awkward vibe I got from the actors, and of course the southern accents which struck me strange since it was set in Albany - isn't that New York? Anyway after several minutes I got used to the actors and accents and began to care about the characters. And then my favorite thing happened - they started portraying real men! The kind you can love and respect. The kind who are willing to "man up" and do the right thing even when it looks and feels like failure. The man was not portrayed as the "bad guy" for a refreshing change. And then I really fell in love with the movie. It's all about saving your marriage and honoring your marriage commitment. It's all about the love and forgiveness that can only come from Christ. It's real and gritty and portrays real life attitudes and real life conversations and even the kinds of things that dreams are made of without being hokey or fake. Every married person should see this movie. Now I'm going out to buy a copy of "The Love Dare".

0 comments: